Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Perils of Finding A Company The Does Repairs

I have spent hours of my time emailing and calling every single cap company that I can think of to find if they will repair caps. I have offered money and free advertising, and the answer from all is a resounding "no".

Here is the list of all the companies that I contacted. If anyone can think of anymore, please let me know.

California Custom Caps - no reply
Bobcat Athletic - no
Ebbets Field Flannels - no reply
Proline - no
Richardson -no reply
(Owner of) Cooperstown Ballcap - no
The Game - no reply
Stall & Dean - email address not functioning
Ninteen47 (Twins Enterprise) - no reply
Graffiti - no
Arizona - no reply
Champion - no

An owner of one of the above cap companies told me that they once tried repairs, but accidentally ruined one of the caps and the owner of it tried to sue them. They explained the process of repairing a cap (which made me more understanding about why New Era decided to stop) and said that it is also an issue of time, and they feel that they would have to charge too much to make it worthwhile. On the plus side, some of the companies that I spoke with had some very interesting information to share with me and events going on behind the scenes that I will write about in the near future.

If anyone wants to call the companies that didn't reply to me via email, they are more than welcome, and let me know what transpires. However, there is a private individual I spoke with that told me that he may try and figure out how to repair broken visors himself. If anything happens with that I will post it here.

1 comment:

  1. Ebbets owner Jerry Cohen told me a resoinding no when I wrote to him last year.

    ReplyDelete